Saturday, June 21, 2014

Roll With Us" Yorkton Faith Ministries outreach

After taking a one year hiatus and changing the name of the event from "Spoke and Smoke" to "Roll With Us", Pastor's Kevin and Pat Bundus of Yorkton Faith Ministries opened the doors of their church for a day of honoring bikers. Kevin and Pat are my cousins but our connection goes much deeper in that they are the ones who prayed me into the Kingdom of God. Thus my heart is to honor them in any way I can and one way is by supporting their Father's Day outreach event by riding out to Yorkton and sharing the Word of God with their assembly. 

Similar to two years ago, our journey to Yorkton SK was cold and wet and we encountered some rain however it was minimal compared to the storm we rode though in 2012. What really touched my heart was the commitment demonstrated by Vice President Grace Loewen, Road Captain Hank Loewen, and Jim and Jean Stremel to accompany me on this journey. It's one thing to ride almost 700 kms on a day that is warm and sunny but to do so on a wet, cold, rainy day is nothing short of honoring. It was also Father's Day! This level of commitment provided me with an example to share with the Yorkton congregation of men and women who honor each other and in doing so honor the Lord. When we honor each other, we honor God and He in turn honors and blesses us. Indeed we were honored and received a "rolling out of the red carpet" from Kevin and Pat and their precious assembly of Believers. We were treated to a wonderful worship set by their youth praise and worship team and then I was given the freedom to share an hour long message on growing in intimacy with God. Afterwards we were treated to an amazing BBQ meal and a great time of fellowship. Remember the honor part I wrote about? Well Pastor's Kevin and Pat honored all of us in one more amazing way; they paid all of our fuel costs to attend this event through a generous donation to our Chapter. The Lord truly honors those who honor Him by doing His good works in the earth. Personally I can't think of anything more special to my heart then preaching at the church where for me my new life in Christ began back in 2007. As I shared with the congregation, it always feels like a homecoming to me when I attend Yorkton Faith Ministries. 

Speaking of honor, a big thank you to all the members of CLR who were unable to attend this event but prayed for us and this event. You are a blessing too and we can not measure the value of your prayers since they may have prevented a break down, or a collision, or a sickness, or a cancellation of this event, or a terrible storm. Praise the Lord that we will never know for the Lord brought all things together on this day for His glory. 

The big man next to me in the photo is Pastor Kevin Bundus who also rides a motorcycle. Check out the sign hanging from the pulpit. The group shot was taken just before our departure and includes our Yorkton biker friend Wally on our far left.